The Complete Guide to PamCat
- Go to www.pamcat.org.
- In the login box at the top of the page, enter your library card number and password/PIN.
- Click the "Login to My Account" button.
If you have problems logging in, call any branch library or e-mail email@example.com.
- Search for the title you want to put on hold.
- On the search results page, click on the title to go the "Item Details" page.
- Click on the "Place Hold" link to go to the item's hold page. The link is at the far left of the page, under the "Keep" button and the cover image.
- Using the drop down menu on the "Hold" page, you can select the branch library where you want to pick up your materials.
- Click the "Place Hold" button. If you need to make a change to your pickup location, you can click the "Clear" button and start over.
- Once your hold is placed, you will see your card and hold information screen. Click the "OK" link and you will return to the "Item Details" page.
- Click the "Go Back" link to go to the "Search Results" page or choose another option from the menu bar.
To see your place in the holds queue (or list), follow these steps.
- Click on "My Account" on the menu bar.
- Click on "Review My Account."
- Click on "Holds."
- If you want to delete any of your holds, select the box next to the title, then click "Cancel selected holds."
If you click on the "Keep" button next to a title, it will start a list. Scroll to the top of the screen and click on "Kept" to see the list you have made. You can print your Keep list for later or email it. When you log out of PamCat, your Keep list will disappear.
If you want to put a hold on a title, but can't find it in PamCat, you can suggest that the library purchase it or get it from another library system through interlibrary loan (ILL) by filling out our online request form. You can also ask a staff member to fill out a Materials Request card at any branch library.
What else would you like to know?