The Complete Guide to PamCat
- Go to www.pamcat.org.
- In the login box at the top of the page, enter your library card number and password/PIN.
- Click the "Login to My Account" button.
If you have problems logging in, call any branch library or e-mail email@example.com.
- Search for the title you want to put on hold.
- On the search results page, click on "Details" to go the "Item information" page.
- Click on the "Place Hold" link to go to the item's hold page. The link is at the far left of the page, above the "Keep" button.
- Using the drop down menu on the "Hold" page, you may be prompted to select the branch library where you want to pick up your materials.
- Click the "Place Hold" button. If you need to make a change to your pickup location, you can click the "Clear" button and start over.
- Once your hold is placed, you will see your card and hold information screen. Click the "OK" link and you will return to the "Item information" page.
- Click the "Go Back" link to go to the "Search Results" page or choose another option from the menu bar.
To see your place in the holds queue (or list), follow these steps.
- Click on "My Account" on the menu bar.
- Click on "Review My Account," and scroll down to your holds list.
- If you want to delete any of your holds, select the box next to the title, then click "Cancel selected holds."
If you click on the "Keep" button next to a title, it will start a list. Scroll to the top of the screen and click on "Kept" to see the list you have made. You can print your Keep list for later. When you log out of PamCat, your Keep list will disappear. The email feature is currently unavailable.
If you want to put a hold on a title, but can't find it in PamCat, you can suggest that the library purchase it or get it from another library system through interlibrary loan (ILL) by filling out our online request form. You can also ask a staff member to fill out a Materials Request card at any branch library.
What else would you like to know?
How do I log in?
What's my password/PIN?
How do I search?
How do I review my account?
How do I renew my materials?
How do I change my password?
How do I renew my card?
What are "My Favorites?"
How do I search for certain items?
What is a Browse search?
What is a Call Number search?
Where can I find New Arrivals?
How do I use Explore Subjects?
How do I search the Kids' Library?
When is PamCat available?
What are know technical issues with PamCat?
Where can I find bestseller and other reading lists?
Where can I find printable PamCat Guides?